Stromberg's Adoption Dream

The journey to our little girl in China

A Day of New Beginnings

“His mercies are new every morning, Great is Thy faithfulness! I say to myself, The Lord is my portion and therefore I will wait for him.”

Isaiah utters these words in Lamentations in the midst of, well, his own raw and real lamentation as a reminder of the opportunities of each new day. It has been employed to many God fearers to impress the idea of second chances, God’s faithfulness, and the invitation to a new start.

I’m so thankful for this daily promise of new beginnings, and God’s faithfulness in my life. But I’m thankful today for the particular mercies of special days. Days when you are fully aware that your life is about to fundamentally change.

Lydia Danqing is most certainly now in a van or on a train from Xinyang to Zhengzhou to meet two strangers who love her immediately and will necessarily change her life in every way. And she, in turn, will change ours forever.

It’s a new day for all. The Lord is our portion.

In the interest of full availability in numerous directions, we have no set plan for sharing updates and pictures today. We will update you as soon as we feel like it’s OK to turn our attention to reflection and testimony. Thanks for your patience.

Advertisements

Single Post Navigation

6 thoughts on “A Day of New Beginnings

1. Judy Stromberg on said:

Thanks be to God! His mercies are new every morning! Love, blessing and celebration of His goodness cover you three today!!

2. Precious Linda on said:

I am so excited and happy for you, Katie and Lars, as you anticipate meeting your precious daughter, Lydia. May the Lord be with you, as you welcome her into your family and get to know her in the days to come!

3. Kathy Mayyou on said:

So excited for you all. Prayers for you all for sweet, wonderful moments of bonding with Lydia.

4. Maureen on said:

I can’t stop thinking of you three and am rejoicing over this day and all that is unfolding. Love to you all!

5. Stephanie frees on said:

Praying so much for all that is, all that is about to be and all that is to come! Blessings on you both for being such faithful followers down the long, sometimes deeply painful, path that lead you to your precious daughter. She is blessed to call you mom and dad. Now, hurry home so we can all love on her!

6. Vernadene Tolman on said:

We all fully understand. Take many days to meet and love your new daughter. God is good!